Becker Professional Education is looking for either a male or female ESL teacher to work with the Becker Academy at the University of Dammam in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Visiting faculty selected to teach at the Becker Academy at the University of Dammam will provide Intensive English or IELTS instruction. The Becker Academy established in June 2015 is located on the newly built main campus of the University of Dammam situated in the coastal residential area of Al-Rakah between Al-Khobar and Dammam. First established in 1975, the University of Dammam is one of the Kingdom’s leading research universities with more than 21 colleges and 45,000 students.
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to adult students each term consisting of 12- to 16-weeks.
- Marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work.
- Listening actively and effectively in order to identify and solve problems, facilitate learning for students and build student confidence.
- Attending and participating in ESL staff meetings, professional development, workshops, curriculum/program planning and special events.
- Using a variety of materials and teaching techniques to enhance student learning and outcomes and maintain student interest.
- Performing general administrative functions including maintaining accurate records and compiling information and statistics.
- Planning and organizing work to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
- Operating classroom equipment including computers and projectors and usage of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) for database management.
- Competitive monthly salary commensurate with experience.
- Standard furnished apartment provided.
- Transportation provided.
- Business Class round-flight tickets provided to/from country of origin.
- Great professional development opportunities.
- Citizens of UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, and Australia.
- Bachelor degree or higher.
- TESL/TEFL Certificate required.
- Minimum 2 years of ESL teaching experience.
- Previous experience in the Gulf region is preferred.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of classroom IT.
You can learn more and apply by clicking here.